New HanseMerkur Versicherungsgruppe office building, Hamburg
Awarded Gold DGNB pre-certification
Focus on sustainability with an integrated design
Joint venture partner HanseMerkur Versicherungsgruppe, Hamburg; BECKEN Projektentwicklung, Hamburg; Competo Capital Partners equity capital investment fund, Munich
Location: 20354 Hamburg
- Around 600 PowerKon + W provide heating in the offices of the new Hamburg administrative building of HanseMerkur Versicherungsgruppe. The new building was awarded Gold pre-certification by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB). This meant that, even at the design stage, there was consistent optimisation relating to sustainability, climate protection and efficiency, taking into consideration environmental and economic aspects.
- PowerKon + W are wall-encased versions of Kampmann's proven free-standing convectors. The ease of operation and functional design of these systems are winning customers over, as is their casings consisting of a single-section wall panel.
- A slim design of PowerKon + W was developed for installation in recesses in this office building with a total of 13,200 m2 of rentable floor space. The flow and return connections from below on a valve assembly represent a further special feature of this unit. Kampmann supplied convector assemblies (valve bodies, return shut-off valves) and thermostatic heads as accessories. Moreover, special wall brackets with precise drill holes were constructed for fixing the units on the façade.
- The corrugated fins and large surface area of these high-performance heat exchangers guarantee high heat outputs.
- The matching powder-coated finish on the casings and attractive linear grilles blend harmoniously into the interior of the building.
- Whisper-quiet Katherm QK trench heating provides high-performance heating in the entrance foyer of the new building.
List all references