Hotel Star Inn, Heidelberg
New hotel building not far from the historic Old Town
Sophisticated climate control system for the entire hotel
S.I.E. Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
Location: 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
- A hotel in the centre of Heidelberg is already something extremely attractive: the Old Town, the castle, the old bridge – places of interest abound. However, if the hotel is then as comprehensively and lovingly fitted out as the Star Inn, which opened in the spring, then you just know that you’ve found a temporary home away from home. The hotel also boasts 84 fully equipped suites, which cater to the growing segment of long-stay guests. It also has 215 further rooms.
- The “Star Inn Hotel & Suites Premium Heidelberg, by Quality”, the full name of the hotel, is part of Choice Hotels, one of the world's largest chains with over 6,800 hotels (as of 2018). "The Heidelberg hotel is a prime example of the growth strategy of Choice Hotels in Europe: a highly attractive building combined with an excellent location for business and leisure travellers alike," explains Georg Schlegel, Managing Director Choice Hotels Germany and Central Europe, commenting on the growth in the portfolio.
- A sophisticated climate control concept also contributes to the attractiveness of the hotel, which pleasantly welcomes the guests on arrival: a Uniline door air curtain in the entrance ensures that the perfectly temperature-controlled indoor climate also remains indoors. Thanks to its unique Silent-AutoMotion technology, it is particularly powerful: a self-regulating discharge flap increases the penetration depth of the air stream.
- Kampmann KaCool D AF units provide heating and cooling for the spacious lobby, the brightly pink painted breakfast room and the trendy co-working space. The whisper-quiet ceiling cassettes work with EC fans and supply the air particularly comfortably into the space.
- It also enters the bedrooms equally quietly: 387 Venkon units are installed in the bedrooms. The Hotel fan coil is the market leader in quiet, hygiene-compliant fan coils in accordance with VDI 6022 and is absolutely powerful. A room thermostat switches the between heating and cooling in the Star Inn.
- The decentralised units are supplied with fresh air by three centralised air handling units: one with an air volume of 7,800 m³/h for the boarding area, one with 9,800 m³/h for the catering area and one with 19,500 m³/h for the hotel area. The cooling output is provided by a water-cooled chiller with glycol re-cooling, providing 630 kW of output. Unlike the air handling units, the chiller is located on the roof of the hotel.
List all references