State-of-the-art EC tangential fans with low power consumption ensure energy-saving operation combined with low sound levels. The fixing system in the floor trench, perfected over many years, which also incorporates sound decoupling ensures that the unit can be quickly and easily removed for cleaning and maintenance.
It's unique! The Katherm HK can be cleaned simply and easily, thanks to its well thought-out design in accordance with the requirements of the Hygiene Directive VDI 6022. The Katherm HK is hygienically flawless, thanks to improved condensate discharge in cooling mode, coupled with the ease of cleaning of the condensate tray.
Electric heating with a continuously variably controllable electric heating coil is possible in addition to water-based heating and cooling with the 2-pipe Katherm HK E version with an integrated electric heating coil. Compared to a pure 2-pipe system, the room user has the option of individually determining their room climate independently of the heating or cooling system setting. The use of Katherm HK E offers benefits compared to a traditional 4-pipe system, which also have a positive impact on the sustainability rating of a building.
Available in a range of different trench widths and heights, the Katherm HK delivers an optimised output range for demand-led heating and cooling from the floor. With practical length increments and trench widths, the Katherm HK is the solution for the most diverse building requirements.
We look at the environmental impact of our products over the entire life cycle – “cradle to cradle”! This results in Environmental Product Declarations (EPD). EPDs can be easily submitted for all common building sustainability certification systems, such as DGNB, BREEAM or LEED, and are available in the Download area.
We have the right grille and the right frame trim for every installation situation – even incorporating curves, angles and slopes.
We also supply decorative wooden grilles in addition to our metallic Optiline grilles made of aluminium, brass and stainless steel.
The Katherm HK has been further developed in the Kampmann Research & Development Center. With revised components, like the tangential fan, high-output coil and the modified design chassis, the new Katherm HK provides optimised air flow for even higher performance.
Katherm HK trench units can be equipped as standard with a 0-10V BMS interface for Fan speed control. Units can be supplied individually or in banks with a choice of Class 2 Transformers. All units have been designed specifically for the North American market and are therefore fully certified to UL/cUL 1995 (CSA C22.2).
Heat Pump Ready
This product is suitable for use with a heat pump or other low temperature system. Reduce your energy requirements, operating costs and emissions with our Heat Pump ready range of products. And make you and your customers less dependent on fossil fuels.
We have appropriate heat pump solutions for many applications, from industrial sheds, office buildings, hotels to private homes.→ Discover more
- Energy-saving, with flow-optimised impellers, cascaded arrangement as a continuous fan belt
- Easily removeable, plug & play fan
- Even air flow through convector
- Robust and whisper-quiet motor design
- Continuously variable control via external 0-10 V signal
- With anti-torsion device
- Made of the proven copper/aluminium combination, optimised for air flow and output
- Optionally available with projecting connections
- Painted graphite-grey
- Act as a finger guard for the tangential fan, filter frame, airflow baffle, grille seat and reinforcing stay to strengthen the trench
- For safe discharge of the condensate and simultaneous air guidance
- Specifically designed for simple cleaning in line with the hygienic standards
- Can be removed to the room side for ease of cleaning
- Condensate pump (accessory) to drain condensate, if needed
- Easy removal of tangential fan without tool
- Novl coupling/cone pin system
- Simultaneous sound decoupling
- For fast and safe wiring, saves installation time
- In a 2-pipe version for additional electric heating
- With integral, continuously variably controllable electric heating coil
- With built-in safety chain consisting of 2 safety temperature switches
- Sustainable 4-pipe system solution at the cost of a 2-pipe system
- For inducing preconditioned supply air
- Primary air volume can be adjusted
- Max. air volume per module = 60 m³/h (35 cfm)
- Amount of modules selectable depending on trench length
- Change in trench dimensions: trench width + 20 mm (0.79“); trench height + 35 mm (1.38“)
Hellbrunn Castle, Salzburg
Hellbrunn Castle, Salzburgcontinue
Rezydencja Busko, Busko Zdrój
Rezydencja Busko, Busko Zdrójcontinue
TÜV Certificate ISO 9001:2008
PDF (133 kB)
Digital EPD database
EPD Katherm HK
PDF (2.5 MB)
ETL Authorisation to mark Katherm and Baseboard HK and QK
PDF (150 kB)
Katherm Range of models
PDF (1.4 MB)
Overview Katherm supply air versions
PDF (4.1 MB)
PDF (6.1 MB)
Katherm HK trench heating
PDF (17.3 MB)
Katherm HK trench heating
PDF (5.5 MB)
Katherm HK, brief instructions
PDF (3.8 MB)